Awards-Deadline is february 15TH each year.
AWARDS DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 15.
James L. Cubbage, Jr., Awards Committee Chair
The Awards Committee is seeking nominations for the awards listed below, which customarily are presented at the annual meeting by the Association. See link below for Award Nomination Form.
Life Membership Award
The Life Membership Award may be conferred upon an active member in good standing for a period of 10 years and one who has rendered distinctive service to the Association and its purposes for a minimum of five years. (Limited to two recipients annually.)
Distinguished Service Award (George H. Parker Award)
The Distinguished Service Award is given to individuals who are active members of the IAAI and who have shown outstanding service, effort and direction to the purposes and objectives of the Association. (Limited to two recipients annually.)
Outstanding Chapter Award (James L. Smith Award)
The Committee will choose recipients of this award after a thorough study of the activities of each Chapter throughout the year, including goals suggested by the President of the Association. In addition, the annual report submitted by the Chairman of the Chapter Committee will be studied for additional information. (Limited to two recipients annually.)
Outstanding Chapter Publication
The Outstanding Chapter Publication Award is given for outstanding newsletter or magazine publications which disseminates knowledge, education and information to the chapter/international members and others. This award will be chosen by the Committee after a review of nominees from the chapters or members. (Limited to two recipients annually.)
Outstanding Accomplishment Award
The Outstanding Accomplishment Award is presented to municipalities, agencies (law enforcement or private) and companies which have developed successful programs which help to reduce the incidence of arson by implementing and achieving a progressive, innovative and successful program. (Limited to two recipients annually.)
Award of Recognition
The Award of Recognition may be given to any individual or organization for service rendered to the Association and its purposes. (Limited to two recipients annually.)
Investigator of the Year Award
Investigator of the Year Award is given to an individual who has shown outstanding achievement through the use of professional expertise in both the criminal and civil fields of arson control. The recipient shall not be a current officer or member of the Board of Directors, nor shall the recipient be a member of the Awards Committee. There shall be one annual Investigator of the Year.
In addition to the aforementioned awards, the Association presents Certificates of Appreciation annually to selected individuals who have provided or performed services considered to be in the best interest of the Association.
Jim Kuticka, Photo Committee Chair
Awards will be given in the categories of Arson and Accidental Fire Photography. First place, Second place, and Honorable Mention awards are presented for each category. Photos will be judged on content, technique and composition. In addition, photos will be published in the Fire & Arson Investigator magazine.
Rules for the Annual IAAI Photo Competition
1. The Photographic Award competition is open only to members in good standing of the IAAI.
2. All photos entered must be the work of the person entering and must have been taken within the preceding 48 months.
3. There are two categories for competition: Category 1 - Arson Photos; Category 2 - Accidental or Training Fire Photos
(A maximum of five photographs may be submitted by any one entrant in each category.)
4. Photos may be in color or black and white.
5. If submitting digital photos they must be shot at 3 to 5 mega pixels and in JPG format. If shot by 35mm, photos can be scanned into digital format, or prints may be submitted in an 8 x 10 format. No identification or marks of any kind may be placed on the photograph. Photographs are not to be mounted. A designation of appropriate category and a brief explanation of the subject of the photograph, including type of structure or item, must accompany each photograph submitted and reference the digital number of the photograph (if applicable).
6. The following information must be included for each photo submission: Name, Mailing Address, Telephone Number, Department or Company Name, Date photo was taken, Location of photo scene, Current e-mail address, Number sequence of each photo submitted by digital number as described in Rule 5 (if applicable).
7. All photo entries become the property of the IAAI and will not be returned.
8. Any entry not complying with these rules will be eliminated.
9. All photos must be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than February 15th.
Awards Nomination Form
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.