Fire & ARson Investigator Journal
As part of the membership benefits of the IAAI, you get a subscription to the Fire & Arson Investigator
journal. The journal is published quarterly - January, April, July & October.
The Fire & Arson Investigator journal is the official publication of the International Association of Arson Investigators, Inc. The publication is solely an educational and advisory aid to members working to suppress the crime of arson and related offenses; and to assist in raising the level of expertise in fire investigation.
Articles herein express the views and opinions of the authors, which are not necessarily those of the International Association of Arson Investigators, Inc., or its editors. Editor reserves the right to accept or reject any article or advertisement submitted for publication.
An advertisement in the IAAI magazine does not constitute, and shall not be interpreted as an endorsement of the advertiser or the product. Advertisers shall not use the IAAI name or image in their commercial activities in any manner.
Acceptance of editoral in the Fire & Arson Investigator journal is based on the following criteria and conditions. The IAAI reserves the right to reject any copy for any reason.
1. Articles for the Fire & Arson Investigator Journal are accepted with the understanding that the paper must be reviewed and approved for publication by the Editorial Board. Submission of a paper for publication is understood that the content of the article is original and unpublished, and has not been submitted for publication elsewhere, if not, approval must be obtained for reprinting if accepted. All papers will be peer reviewed prior to acceptance.
2. Every article that is received for submission in the Fire & Arson Investigator journal will be peer reviewed by no less than three reviewers. Every effort is made for the reviewers to have the same expertise as the author. The review process can take
between 30 and 60 days, or longer, depending on the reviewers work loads.
3. Because of the volume of information received, a letter of acknowledgment, or a phone call, will not be given to the author. When the peer review process has been completed the author will receive written notice of the Editorial Boards.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING ARTICLES FOR PUBLICATION
Articles not conforming to the below standards will be returned prior to peer review, decision along with suggested revisions, if applicable. If editing is required, other than spelling, punctuation, and common grammatical errors, it will be returned to the author. When submitting articles please include a recent photograph, and a current biography. All photographs should be marked on the reverse side with caption information and where they are to be inserted within the article.
2013 EDITORIAL DEADLINES:
JANUARY ISSUE - 11/15/12
APRIL ISSUE - 2/15/13
JULY ISSUE - 5/15/13
OCTOBER ISSUE - 8/15/13
Articles for submission should be sent to:
The University of Tennessee
Min H. Kao Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
301 Ferris Hall, 1508 Middle Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-2100
Acceptance of advertisements in the Fire & Arson Investigator journal is based on the following criteria and conditions. The IAAI reserves the right to reject any advertising for any reason.
1. The advertisement must pertain to a product, item equipment, publication, system or service that relates directly to fire or arson.
2. The advertiser must be prepared to validate any claims or statements made in the advertisement.
3. The advertiser must not mention a competitor or make or imply comparison with other than the advertiser’s product, equipment, publication, system or service.
4. An advertisement must not display a picture or art work that is not a true and accurate representation of the product, equipment, publication, system or service being advertised.
5. An advertisement that contains a reproduction of news matter must be accompanied by written authorization from the publisher.
6. An advertisement must not contain news matter from the Fire & Arson Investigator journal.
7. It is understood that an advertisement in the IAAI publication does not constitute, and shall not be interpreted as, an endorsement of the advertiser, or advertiser’s product, equipment, publication, system or service by the IAAI.
8. It is understood that an advertiser shall not use the IAAI or image in its commercial activities in any manner that would directly or indirectly indicate endorsement of the advertiser or the advertiser’s product, equipment, publication, system or service.
9. It is understood that an advertiser will not use the fact that a product, item of equipment, publication, system or service had been advertised in the Fire & Arson Investigator journal to promote or market the product, equipment, publication, system or service.
10. The editor will be the responsible party for making the final decision in the printing of the advertisements in the journal.
2013 ADVERTISING DEADLINES:
JANUARY ISSUE - 11/28/12
APRIL ISSUE - 2/22/13
JULY ISSUE - 5/17/13
OCTOBER ISSUE - 8/23/13
All advertisements should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Formats: High Rez PDF, Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign.
Ad design services available upon request, additional charges will apply.