List of Speakers Topics
The International Association of Arson Investigators Speakers Bureau was created and exists to allow Chapters and others to have a resource from which to draw when looking for subject matter experts who teach classes in various topics associated with the fire investigation industry. The IAAI makes no guarantee as to the qualifications or suitability of speakers / instructors on the Speakers Bureau list. To be included on the list, each speaker / instructor is required to provide the IAAI the following:
1) The Speaker/Instructor must be a member in good standing with the IAAI to appear on the list.
2) Must have presented classes to the IAAI, or Chapters of the IAAI, within the past three years.
3) Must have provided references from the respective organizations for which they taught.
4) Charges, if any, which are associated with the Speaker’s presentation.
5) A list of required items to be made available to the organization, (i.e.: AV needs, bio, digital picture, abstract summary of presentation, test questions, materials for reproduction (handouts, etc.)).
The Speakers/Instructors approved for the list shall be posted on the IAAI web page and provided to organizations on request. A basic “contract” form can be made available which the organization can use as a template for booking the speakers. The list of speakers will be categorized by subject matter with a link/chart that lists the speaker for that particular subject and contact information.
The IAAI Speakers Bureau is merely a referring resource. The interested Organization/Chapter is responsible for checking the references provided by the Speaker/Instructors. The speaker’s attendance is not mandatory until a contract has been agreed upon by the speaker and the requesting organization. The IAAI shall be held harmless in the event a Speaker/Instructor fails to appear for a scheduled appearance or does not perform to the Organization/Chapter’s satisfaction. Speaker/Instructors shall be required to present verification to the IAAI of classes taught within a three-year period from the date of placement on the IAAI Speakers Bureau list and every three years therein to remain active on the list.
Speakers Bureau Application
Please send to IAAI-Training@firearson.com